iPod touch 5g Defender Series Case
The OtterBox Defender Series iPod 5 case is made for adventure. Whether that's braving urban traffic on a bicycle or bouncing around in a backpack full of textbooks, this case is made to live through the worst with your iPod touch safely inside. Go with confidence and never worry about where and when it's safe to use. The Defender Series iPod 5 case is practically indestructible.
The Defender Series has three layers of protection. The inner shell fits firmly over the device and includes foam padding for cushioning. A scratch resistant screen protector is built into the inner shell without compromising touchscreen sensitivity. The rugged silicone skin wraps around the inner shell to absorb bumps and shock. Built with your on-the-go lifestyle in mind, the Defender Series iPod touch 5 case will give you the kind of protection that inspires confidence.
- iPod touch 5th generation (32GB, 64GB)
- NOT COMPATIBLE with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Generation iPod touch
- Silicone plugs cover the main openings, including the lightning port, headphone jack and volume controls
- All features are fully functional through the case, including front and rear cameras, microphones and sensors
- Lanyard is included and attaches to the inner shell for convenient carrying
- 1-year limited warranty
- Three layers of protection include a scratch resistant screen protector, polycarbonate inner layer and silicone outer layer
- Two-piece polycarbonate inner shell fits snugly around the device
- Clear, scratch-resistant screen protector is built into the polycarbonate shell to prevent scratches, smudges and dust intrusion
- Outer silicone skin wraps around the inner shell and absorbs impact from bumps and shock
Weight and Dimensions
- Weight: 1.9 oz / 54.4 g
- Dimensions: 5.2 in x 2.6 in x 0.5 in / 131.6 mm x 66.4 mm x 12.8 mm
Environmental Protection:The Defender Series iPod touch 5 case provides added protection against drop, bump and shock but is NOT protective against water.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Possibly a bit late answering however for the benefit of others, the answer is that there isn't a plastic layer to protect the front or rear cameras. The construction of the cases means that you would not need it. It would be extremely difficult for the lens to be damaged or scratched (unless deliberate).
Plastic film would also distort the clarity of any photo taken. You are able to access the lens to wipe with a soft cloth to keep them clean.
I purchased the '12 SOUTH ' brand "Highrise for iphone". It is very stable , well constructed and is easily adjustable for both depth and thickness of device + case.
You assemble the stand (machine screws and allen wrench included. Very easy)
You custom set the back for the depth of your device in its case.
You are provided 3 different size clips that securely hold the end of your 'lightening' charging cable to the proper height to reach through your case and snug into your device.
You will need to supply your own 'lightening ' cable.
Well made of sturdy aluminum. Securely docks and charges your device , through the case , while looking
quite smart! Highly recommended!